Express gratitude and appreciation to create openness. And receive more love, joy. And wisdom.
Gratitude and appreciation: why we need them.
Here are some benefits of gratitude and appreciation:
- We strengthen our mind when we thank the messenger with a different perspective than ours.
- Enrich our lives when we choose to see life through joy’s clear lens.
- Nourish ourselves with joy.
- Empower ourselves when we recapture our joy. This means even after we fall into a moment of fear, we can rebound. More joy increases our immunity to fear.
What depletes us?
- Ingratitude. Which is the result of the CCCJ habit (criticism, complaint, condemnation or judgment).
- Holding onto fear robs our power.
- Closing our mind creates barriers. Feeling challenged by another teaching keeps us on guard. Which takes our energy.
Criticism is the opposite of gratitude and appreciation. Yet it teaches us. The hard way. Until we finally ‘get it.’
C.C.C.J. is a spiritual cancer, a condition caused by the Pharisee mind. ‘Pharisee’ means a negative mental attitude. It can’t hold the Christ-view. Nor find love and joy from within.
Conquering Pharisee energy may be a challenge. All the same, it’s necessary to our health. Otherwise, it causes misunderstandings. Which can create isolation.
Fear of differences alienates us. Because it keeps us from finding joy in each other’s individuality.
False Evidence Appearing Real
I still like the old acronym F.E.A.R.: “False Evidence Appearing Real”. Because it’s true. And since continually seeking false evidence blocks us from our Truth.
Generosity is appreciating that none of us is perfect
We all desire freedom. Because it’s our nature. It’s Source, flowing from within. Generosity and appreciation is freedom in action. Allows more perfection.
Bottom line: Life is too short to worry, since that drains us. Life is better when we can see the big picture. Because we’re fulfilled and can more fully embrace our purpose. I support that.